Application for Driving Instructor
NO TRAINING NEED TO BE HIRED, WE WILL TRAIN YOU AT AUTO ACADEMY.
To be an instructor, you will need the following Qualifications.
• Be 19 years of age or older
• Hold a valid, regular (non-probationary) driver license that is valid for the classes in which the instructor will provide training
• Have 2 years of licensed driving experience
• Have a satisfactory driving record.
• If ever licensed outside of Wisconsin, review a driver record abstract from each state
WI Stat 343.62(4) (a) 3 WI Stat 343.62(4) (a) 8
A person’s driving record shall not be considered satisfactory to hold an instructor’s license if that person:
• Has accumulated more than 6 demerit points during a 1-year period as determined by the department. The department shall deny the instructor’s license until one-year lapses from the date of the most recent violation
that resulted in the person’s accumulation of more than 6 demerit points.
• Has been involved in 2 or more accidents in a 1-year period where the crash report indicates that such person may have been causally negligent. If there is no traffic citation resulting in a conviction associated with the crash, the person is not considered negligent.
• Has had his or her operator’s license revoked, suspended or cancelled for a traffic violation other than a parking violation, at any time during the past 4 years, based on the conviction date or upon the effective date of the withdrawal of operating privileges, whichever is earlier. WI Admin Code Trans 105.03(1)
• Must pass all required examinations: instructor test, knowledge test, oral test, road test and medical exam.
Proof of passing examinations must be submitted. For additional information see: Licensing Instructors – examinations
• Provide a social security number or an affidavit stating that the applicant does not have a social security number WI Stat 343.62(4) (a) 6
• Satisfactorily complete 40 clock hours of classroom instruction in a safety and driver education as given by an approved driving school instructor training program WI Admin Code Trans 105.07(5)
• Does not have a disqualifying conviction according to the Driver School Owner(s)/Manager(s) and Instructor(s) background check (addendum H) WI Stat 343.62(4) (a) 9 WI Admin Code Trans 105.035
PLEASE VIEW ADDENDUM B ON PAGE 45 FOR DISQUALIFICATIONS https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/shared/DTS-Guidelines.pdf